Dr. E.V. Koppe
- Lecturer (Assistant Professor)
- Public international law
- Law of peace and security
- Protection of the environment during international armed conflict
- Public international law and Dutch civil procedure
- Nuclear weapons
|Telephone number:||+31 (0)71 527 5218|
|Faculty / Department:||Faculteit Rechtsgeleerdheid, Instituut voor Publiekrecht, Internationaal Publiekrecht|
Kamerlingh Onnes Gebouw
2311 ES Leiden
Room number B129
Dr. Erik V. Koppe ( Leiden, 1976) is an Assistant Professor / Lecturer at the Department of Public International Law and the Grotius Center for International Legal Studies at Leiden University. He is also Managing Editor of the Netherlands International Law Review and member of the IUCN Specialist Group on Armed Conflict and Environment.
Erik Koppe studied International & European Law as well as Dutch Law (Civil Law) at the University of Groningen and received his doctorate degree (cum laude) in 2006 at the same university for his research on The Use of Nuclear Weapons and the Protection of the Environment During International Armed Conflict (Hart Publishing, Oxford, 2008, 444 pp.). Subsequently Erik Koppe worked as a researcher at the T.M.C. Asser Instituut in the Hague and as an associate at the Dispute Resolution practice group of Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP in Amsterdam.
Erik Koppe guest lectured in The Hague, Utrecht, Groningen, Istanbul and Curaçao.
At Leiden University, Erik Koppe teaches small groups on public international law for first and third year Bachelor students and, among other things, Introduction to Public International Law within the framework of the Leiden Law Courses program. Erik Koppe coaches the Telders Moot Court team of Leiden University.
- E.V. Koppe, Compensation for War Damages under Ius ad Bellum, in: A. de Guttry, H.H.G. Post, G. Venturini (Eds.), The Armed Conflict between Eritrea and Ethiopia in International Legal Perspective, T.M.C. Asser Press, The Hague, 2009;
- E.V. Koppe, The protection of the environment during international armed conflict, in: W.J.M. van Genugten, M.P. Scharf, S.E. Radin, Criminal Jurisdiction 100 Years after the 1907 Hague Peace Conference; 2007 Hague Joint Conference on Contemporary Issues of International Law, T.M.C. Asser Press, The Hague, 2009;
- E.V. Koppe, The Use of Nuclear Weapons and the Protection of the Environment During International Armed Conflict, Hart Publishing, Oxford, 2008;
- E.V. Koppe, The Use of Depleted Uranium and the Direct Protection of the Environment under Ius in Bello, in: A. McDonald, J.K. Kleffner, B. Toebes (Eds.), Depleted Uranium Weapons under International Law: a Precautionary Approach, TMC Asser Press, The Hague, 2008;
- E.V. Koppe, Hague Case Law – Latest Developments, Netherlands International Law Review, as from 2007 - present;
- E.V. Koppe, De bescherming van het milieu tijdens internationaal gewapend conflict, IHR in de kijker, 2007, pp. 37-49;
- E.V. Koppe, Review of G. den Dekker, The Law of Arms Control; International Supervision and Enforcement, Martinus Nijhoff, The Hague, 2001, in: Vrede en Veiligheid, Vol. 32/1, april 2003, pp. 111-114;
Geen relevante nevenwerkzaamheden: