EALA - 10th Munich Liability Seminar, 14 Sept. 2015
Liability, passenger rights, and insurance in the air transport and aerospace industries
14 September 2015
Hilton Hotel Munich Airport
EALA is pleased to invite you to attend its 10th Munich Liability Seminar which will be held in Hilton Hotel Munich Airport.
The 10th Munich Liability Seminar will again cover a wide range of topical issues:
1) New air traffic management technology will improve safety, but may change liability risks for manufacturers and operators. Will this re-quire new liability insurance solutions?
2) Regulation 261/2004 - current issues and how air carriers can respond
3) Liability issues resulting from overflight of conflict zones
4) Update on toxic fumes in aircraft and air traffic disruptions resulting from volcanic ashes
5) Update on liability of airports for birdstrikes
6) Perhaps now more than ever, airframe manufacturers have available to them a range of strong defenses in aviation accident litigation filed in the United States, including reinvigor-ated defenses based on personal jurisdiction and forum non conveniens.
7) The Germanwings crash has stirred a debate about whether moral damages/pain and suffering awards for victims of aviation accidents and their families should be increased. It has been proposed that an international instrument should govern these damages.
We invite all aviation lawyers, airline, insurance and re-insurance industry, aircraft and aircraft engine finance, aerospace industry and airport representatives as well as government officials and academics to join us for this comprehensive programme.
Attached you will find the programme and registration form.